Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Go time..

Exam is over...at last! My exams are weird, they are every six months and thankfully after 4 years and 14 seperate exams, they are all done...I hope - I've never failed any of them but I have a nasty feeling about this one! These advanced ones are all opinion based rather than fact so there is no knowing what the marker may decide! Any way regardless of how much work I did or didn't do there is always that pressure on my mind of what I should be doing and therefore my training time was reduced - the relief of knowing there is only training to focus on (wedding/work/christmas etc aside) is a great feeling!

I am therefore trying to make the most of this free time to get some good sessions in and really attack it pre-christmas! With all this chocolate and drink around its needed too! I'm certainly not losing any weight thats for sure! To encourage this I have sorted the turbo out and put in a 90 minute and 75 minute session on consecutive evenings which was good to do - only problem I find is that sitting down for that long can be really uncomfortable when just spinning!

I have also bought some proper bib tights so on the non-rainy days I'll get some proper road miles in - with my running going well, its time to focus back on building cycling mileage - big hours through January should set me in good stead for the remaining six months of this challenge! I must remember to use the foam roller though - I really don't want to aggrevate my knee issues again! So keeping up the turbo for a few hours per week and sticking with the running and swimming I do already should keep me looking good - its important to stick with the mental feeling that my mind doesn't have to be elsewhere!

Going back to the weight issue, I have added a couple of kilo's since the summer and can only seeing that saying the same through Christmas so I am averaging about 97kgs - I would like to drop to 90 by June so will be more strict with diet and booze come the New Year (won't we all), there is so much good (bad) food and drink around at the moment, it seems a waste to let everyone else eat it!

Anyway more to come -I'm purposely ignoring the sore throat....its just a tickle!

No comments:

Post a Comment