Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quotes...

Training is going really well and I am loving it....but I am having a little rant here so bear with me! Well its kind of a rant more of awakening! Anyway its about quotes: - quotes are great, they inspire people and get us all going but one thing that twitter has raised is the complete stupidity of the majority of quotes that people seem to feel they need to share with everyone at every opportunity!

Just for the record I classify them as the following: -

Quotes - anything from a poem to a little speech to a sentence that someone has said
Mantra - our own personal sayings that we use to keep focused at keep going!

This little blog entry is solely about ones related to training as they bug me...

For instance I use mantra's when I am training - my most common one being - 'the faster I go the sooner it will end' - I use this all the time!

I had some favourite quotes too, there was one about fighting on: -

'when fighting a gorilla, you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the Gorilla is tired' but I think just one or two personal ones are more meaningful than constantly spurning hundreds of different ones!

However different strokes for different folks, so having your own is fine...what really bugs me is when the quote means nothing...for instance : -

'The race does not always go to the swift, but to those who keep on running' - no it doesn't, the fastest wins...that's why its a race!!!

'The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do' - only if you're not a very nice person

'A ten minute mile is just as far as a six minute mile' - was anyone disputing this fact?

'An inconvenience is an unrecognised opportunity' - no it isn't

I could go on all day with the amount of drivel that gets bandied around but I think you get the picture! They mean nothing really, if you actually read what it says rather than glossing over it! Anyway my apologies for that, just needed it out of my system!

And to finish with the biggest rubbish I've ever read: -

'Running takes balls, other sports just play with them' .........it doesn't though does it

No comments:

Post a Comment