2 kids, big project of a house and busy job didn't leave much time for blogging! I wanted to write some notes about 2016 though. The entire year was overshadowed in the latter half by the death of my stepfather from cancer.
He had a huge impact on my from the age of 11 and it still hasn't sunk in. So this post is a way for noting down all the incredibly positive things that 2016 has brought: -
- My daughter Martha, born in March - a very happy & healthy little soul, though quite the independent young lady!
- My son Theo, growing up in to a bright and happy boy.
- New house, project yes, but will be so amazing when finished and in a great location
- Selling the old house of enough to do most of the work on the new house.
- Being fit and healthy and living in an amazing place - with all the shit going on in the world I feel really lucky to be able to have the life I have.
- Job continuing to challenge and grow.
So that is it really. Just a short note.
On the fitness side of things, I have cycled 1,448 miles (only 70 on the road), run 182 miles and 12k. So nothing to go mad with.
Plans for the year are to get up to a decent running distance and pace, poss 20 miler in March. Continue to cycle and try and do 2017 miles this year.
I have started riding motorbikes a whole lot more and have a modified C90 and KTM400 for riding offroad which is great fun.
Maybe even blog some more.